Wednesday, July 04, 2018

Leave me in all my sorrow


Leave me in all my sorrow
©  Ye Yint Thet Zwe
English translation Zwe Hay Hman


At the beginning of the world,
like the way Adam
embrace Eve
you carry my dream.

Nothing last forever
Please do not visit me
in prison next time
her tear drops
crushed my heart.

Freedom and equality
A democratic Nation
Patriotic comrade
At the bottom of it all
love grows stronger,
so please do not cry

The hands of the clock,
make my tears swell
and break the dam.
Words,at the tip of the tongue
are stuck with too many things
to be said.
The eyes speak
what the words could not.

" Is there anything you need?"
She asked in an exhausted low voice
that sounded from faraway place.
I grit my teeth
and gather my strength.
“Please take care of yourself.
If you find anyone suitable, please remarry."
I said.

The conversation ended
with her sobbing
and the sound of the gates closing.
The last of my life.


































No comments: