Friday, July 06, 2018

The winter birds return home; what about the people of daily lives


The winter birds return home;
what about the people of daily lives
©   Ye Yint Thet Zwe


I love the snow flakes
I also love the huge snow mountains.
I pity the life of the sea
It turns to playground during winter
But turns to water during summer.

I became the subject of pity,
When the country of the equator
Enter the darkness of the winter.
That I am just recounting,
What happened a year ago?

People… people
Even though we differ in skin color and religion
It's the same in a sense that
We all left our family nest
To live a better life and a better future.

The same for the flight of the winter birds
For people who are the same
I just want to say that
We are all birds of the daily lives.

Only those being suppressed
Could understand getting suppressed
In a world so peaceful and quiet
The sleep of those sleeping
Are still being haunted
By the fearsome nightmares.

When I hear the trauma of each and everyone
I feel as if I'm watching a short documentary film.
All kinds of feeling shake my heart
And it makes my eyes watery.

You might not believe that there are such inhumane acts
Is going on the other side of the world.
The real life is much more beyond belief
Than the dreams.
Even the history books and the movie scripts
Can´t be compared to it.

Be it you, me,
or any other person,
The feeling of leaving your country and family
Is painful, as if a dagger ran through heart.

Getting to live in another country
Speaking different language
Living under different culture.

Other people think refugees are living better
instead living in bitterness.
I don't think so.
The feeling of leaving my friends behind to suffer
Kills me every second of every moment

Though streets are here clear
And the nights has welcomed us,
I wake up feeling sorry,
Or haven't fell asleep at all.

Relax my friend,
Stress is not that simple.
You can give a better life for the family members
and live your friends behind.
Your family and friends would be very happy
for your escape out of the country.
You can decorate the world with your freedom.

In reality,
We are not lonely, hopeless,
Or in a future something less
Even though we differ in outlook
and skin color.
It's the same red blood under the skin
It's the same, we all want to escape from suppression

I believe all our sores would be healed
Under the care and help of people in this very country.
As winter birds return home,
So do we all have to return home too.


No comments: