Wednesday, July 04, 2018

European nights sufferings

European nights sufferings
©   Ye Yint Thet Zwe
English translation Mya Than Nyunt


I had long for my better half,
And so much I missed her.
Through reading letters and words
Amidst dumbness, slowness,
Immovability and heaviness
Drive me to the edge of death.

My forlornness seep and flow out,
Though I hold them back.
I wonder how my old mother could stand it?
And how the rebels and their comrades
Left in the prisons for a common belief,
Who are hands in hands for nearly a decade,
And my nephews and nieces survived.

Though the races are different,
Languages are different,
The weathers are different,
But, they sculpted a system
That we envied and longed for our land
By putting all common interests together.

Under that system,
My very life, once almost broken into pieces,
They rescued and refreshed it by their hands,
For me, to again enjoy the life
That my mother gave me in the beginning!

My life is still uncertain, but
I hear the siren of the trains,
Every night . . . . . (again, then again.)

No comments: