Saturday, February 13, 2016

proud of February 13th


proud of February 13th

just like magic
just like sorcery
limitless
except all the goodness
all the badness
grew up in a place where there's everything
we the youth
aren't the lazy ones

what happened in the past
what is happening now
what is going to happen next 
I know it all....
what I want in the past
what I want now 
what I need in the future
I know it all

English and Burma the first war
........the second war
........the third war
slaves of colonization
I know it all
we don't let ourselves 
submerge in the slavery
I know all the rebellion of the Patriots


I know the teacher and the lord Mhine
I know the general Minn Yaung
I know the Farmer teacher San
I know the lord Aung Sann
I know the lord Ba Hein
I know the lord Thann Htunn
I know the lord Aung Kyaw
History before their birth

I know parts of their lives

after their birth
the great and the grand
history of the students movement
history of the citizen movement
history of the monks movement
the cruelty of this upholding authority
the inhumane history
I know it all
The flow of the generation
among those who know their duty and uphold it
a mother who love their country more than their life I know it all

loving the simple life of a man
a man of age thirty two
the ability of a fascinating history
the mindset that should be an example
the youth of the new generation 
for a brighter future
let's make the best and be proud of February 13th

Poem by Ye Yint

Translate by ye yint tin aung moe

No comments: